The insurance industry is extremely competitive, which means that you need to make a concerted effort to establish your insurance agency and make it stand out from the pack. The most effective way to do this for a smaller to mid-sized insurance agency is through the use of marketing. The following are a handful of marketing strategies that can help to boost awareness of your agency and strengthen your reputation, both of which will help you to build your customer base.
Maintain a Blog
Adding a blog to your website might be one of the most important things that you can do. This is because a blog – as long as the content you publish is relevant and of high quality – can help you achieve numerous marketing goals. The following are just a few ways that you can benefit from a blog:
- Build your authority – Insurance is a tricky subject matter. By providing your audience with helpful information about insurance on your blog, you’ll help build your brand authority. By building brand authority, you’ll help strengthen your reputation, making it easier to build trust among your target audience.
- Improve search engine rankings – Google and other search engines reward good content. If your blog content is properly optimized for SEO, you can improve your page rankings, which will provide more exposure, which in turn will bring in more traffic.
- Increase exposure – In addition to bringing in traffic through SEO, blog content can be shared on social media by followers, thereby increasing the exposure of your insurance agency. Not only can this help you find new customers, it can also result in other sites linking to your content, thereby exposing your content to an entirely new audience.
Establish a Social Media Presence
By establishing a social media presence, you can engage directly with your audience. This allows you to establish a personal connection, which in turn can make your agency much more relatable. Through the use of social media, you can ask your audience questions, answer their questions, listen to their concerns and ask for their feedback.
Use Paid Advertising
Paid advertising through PPC (Pay-Per-Click) or Facebook Ads can help you to reach your target audience much more effectively – and efficiently. Unlike outbound ads, such as TV or magazine ads, with PPC and Facebook Ads you’ll only pay for the goals you’re trying to achieve, such as clicks or impressions. Basically, you set your budget and you only pay for results.
Focus on Local SEO
As an insurance agent, it won’t make much sense to work with customers across the country. This means that you should focus on local SEO in order to attract local customers. The following are a few methods for improving local SEO:
- Use local keywords – When optimizing your site for SEO, use local keywords, such as the name of the city or neighborhood you’re located in, as part of your keyword phrases.
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly – Many people use their smartphones to research products and services online, so make sure your site is mobile-friendly so that it will be displayed properly on mobile devices.
- Work on earning positive reviews – Online customer reviews greatly benefit local SEO since many people look up reviews before using a service. Ask your clients to leave reviews once they use your service.
These are some of the marketing strategies that you should strongly consider implementing. If you put the effort into making sure these strategies are not only implemented, but regularly maintained, tracked and adjusted, then they can go a long way to helping your insurance agency to meet its marketing goals.