Our Equine Policy
Though equine liability laws attempt to distinguish between inherent risks involved in equestrian activities and negligence, the laws are open to interpretation and can leave owners liable for massive losses. Our coverage can offset the risks owners face.
We’ll help you find the right policies. Coverage options include the following:
- Personal horse owners’ liability: Most homeowner’s policies do not cover liability arising out of equine activities. A personal horse owners liability policy will provide the non-commercial horse owner with the liability coverage they need.
- Equine facility liability: This policy provides liability coverage for professional equestrians involved in activities such as boarding, training, breeding, horse shows and lessons. This coverage can be purchased with, or without, property insurance.
- Care, custody and control: Care, custody and control coverage provides liability coverage against injury, theft, loss of use or death of another individual’s horses while in your care.
- Trainer/instructor liability: This insurance protects the equine professional against liability while in the course of doing business, whether on or off-premises, such as while attending shows, training off-premise, clinics etc.
- Equestrian event liability: Event liability coverage addresses the multitude of exposures associated with hosting an equine event.
Our policy provides coverages on an “all risk” basis.
- It covers death due to any cause not specifically excluded by the policy.
- In the event of death, you will be paid the fair market value of the horse.
Our policy allows you to purchase limits of coverage for the following not included in the policy:
- Up to $5,000 Emergency Colic Coverage
- Up to $10,000 Medical & Surgical Coverage